October 6, 2009

SSD October 1 FOBTY Favorite Season


I really like both the Spring and Autumn seasons. Spring brings warmer weather. It also brings refreshing shades of green to the dull gray and brown landscape. There is the anticipation of different colors arriving as blossoms and flowers burst forth in bloom. But Spring announces the onset of a myriad of yard chores. Chores that take away time from activities that I would rather be doing…and those chores will span several months. So if I have to choose between these two wonderful seasons, I will pick Autumn as my favorite. I love watching the leaves change colors from day to day enriching the landscape with a new variety of color. Cool, crisp mornings and warm sunny afternoons---I just love that kind of weather. The arrival of Autumn means more leisure time will become available. Sure--- once the killing frost sweeps across the land there is so much yard cleanup that needs to be done. But unlike Spring when the yard chores are more numerous and spread out through the season; Autumn’s yard chores… though overwhelming at the beginning…can be attended to more easily and quickly. Have to admit, though, the empty flower beds and brown lawn sure put a damper on my spirits and then BRRRR the Winter cold that follows….can’t wait for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment